Re: Opening gzipped files from within emacs?

From: Gian Uberto Lauri
Subject: Re: Opening gzipped files from within emacs?
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2004 11:49:02 +0100

SK> Le 3 Dec 2004, Gian Uberto Lauri vraute :
>> The latest  build doesn't ignore  the "Automatic file  decompression" menu
>> item.

SK> Ok.

>> And thanks for your fontset!!!!!! It worked fine!

SK> Really ? What  do you get, for example  with the euro sign ?  Emacs keeps on
SK> inserting an euro utf symbol...

Going to check this. I got an \200 on a message from a friend of mine

But finally I was able to read

    perché è fatto così

(because it's done this way) invece che

    perch[] [] fatto cos[]

(each [] is a rectangle like those you get in HELLO when you miss a gliph)

SK> Would you mind to share your config file ?

Sure.  OOps,  I  think I  have  several  ones  (Linux,  Mac OS  X  and
Wi[stomach pain]. You mean the Mac OS X version ?

--