Re: X11 Mac OS X 10.3 emacs fink: only terminal?

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: X11 Mac OS X 10.3 emacs fink: only terminal?
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 13:49:13 +0100

Joe Corneli <jcorneli@math.utexas.edu> writes:

> If you don't dig it, I'm not going to get upset.  You work however
> you want to work, I'm not trying to stop you or insult you or
> convert you or tell you what works for you when I haven't really got
> a clue or anything of the sort.  The point I was making is that on
> GNU lists, it is forbidden to recommend nonfree software.

Forbidden?  I'd rather say "inappropriate".  However, Carbon Emacs is
just as free as X11 Emacs, and it would be stupid not to be able to
talk about it on this group.  This does not constitute a
recommendation for nonfree software in any way that I can see.  Sure,
Carbon itself is nonfree, but we are not promoting it merely by
talking about Carbon Emacs, are we?