emacs question

From: Villa, Maria (HBO)
Subject: emacs question
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 14:45:25 -0500

Hi
I have few users that uses regular emacs on our aix unix servers.

They have a problem when want to delete a character or word, the backspace
key does not work.
how can we map a key to work with e-macs or how can we solve this problem

your help is appreciated.....

This e-mail is intended only for the use of the addressees.  Any copying,
forwarding, printing or other use of this e-mail by persons other than the
addressees is not authorized.  This e-mail may contain information that is
privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure.  If you are not the
intended recipient, please notify us immediately by return e-mail (including
the original message in your reply) and then delete and discard all copies of
the e-mail.  Thank you.