Re: emacs question

From: Rodrigo Canellas
Subject: Re: emacs question
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 20:04:56 -0200

Hi,

In your .emacs, to map a key to a command, you can do like this;

(global-set-key [<KEY_ID>] '<COMMAND>)

where <KEY-ID> should be replaced with the identifier of the key, and
<COMMAND> should be replaced with the command you want to be executed when
<KEY-ID> is pressed.

For example,

(global-set-key [f9] 'compile)

would run the "compile" command when "F9" is pressed.

Hope it helps.

BTW, by your name I presume you speak portuguese, right?