Re: PHP, HTML...?

From: .
Subject: Re: PHP, HTML...?
Date: Sat, 08 Jan 2005 09:10:13 GMT

two-mode-mode is what you want:

(require 'php-mode)
(require 'two-mode-mode)
(setq auto-mode-alist
 (append '(("\\.php$" . two-mode-mode)
    ("\\.php3$" . two-mode-mode)
    ("\\.php4$" . two-mode-mode))
       auto-mode-alist))

jasonb wrote:
Hi

I'm just beginning to start out with emacs. I was hoping to make it my preferred editor (going from what I've read about it).

But I'm frustrated by how difficult it is to get HTML and PHP syntax highlighting to work. HTML is straight forward, but embedding PHP and (while retaining tab functionality) is something nobody is able to do (from reading up on google).

This was going to be a request for help. But somehow I don't think anyone has an easy answer (and I dont think there's anything wrong with expecting an easy answer for getting basic text editing to work)

Jason