Re: hide local variables in enriched mode

From: Pascal Bourguignon
Subject: Re: hide local variables in enriched mode
Date: 11 Jan 2005 17:53:58 +0100

Sébastien Kirche <sebastien.kirche.no@spam.free.fr.invalid> writes:

> Hi,  I wonder if/how I could hide  the local variables definitions in
> an enriched text file.   e.g : i have the following  ;;; Local
> Variables: *** ;;; mode: filladapt; *** ;;; End: ***
>
> that i would like to hide for ps-printing it.
>
> I  tried to put  some definitions  at the  beginning of  the file  after the
> content-type and text-width settings without success.
>
> Is it possible ?
>
> Thanks for pointers.
>
> Sébastien Kirche

I'd try to narrow the region before ps-printing.
This could be done automatically with something like:

-*- mode: fileadapt -*-

blah blah blah

Local Variables:
eval: (let ((start (progn (beginning-of-buffer) (forward-line 2) (point))) (end
((end-of-buffer) (re-search-backward "Local Variables") (forward-line -1)
(point)))) (narrow-to-region start end))
End:

(Of course, you could define a function in ~/.emacs and use it in
eval: in place of this complex expression.)

This is a signature virus.  Add me to your signature and help me to live