Re: Adjusting page length in "Print buffer" command

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Adjusting page length in "Print buffer" command
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2005 12:35:12 +0200

> From: Tim McNamara <timmcn@bitstream.net>
> Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 13:57:33 -0600
>
> Thanks.  However, I am using the "Print Buffer" command under the File
> menu, not the "Postscript Print Buffer" command.  Does that make a
> difference?

Yes.

Please see if any of the options mentioned in the doc string of
print-buffer help you get what you want:

    print-buffer is an interactive autoloaded Lisp function in `lpr'.
    It is bound to <menu-bar> <file> <print-buffer>.
    (print-buffer)

    Paginate and print buffer contents.

    The variable `lpr-headers-switches' controls how to paginate.
    If it is nil (the default), we run the `pr' program (or whatever program
    `lpr-page-header-program' specifies) to paginate.
    `lpr-page-header-switches' specifies the switches for that program.

    Otherwise, the switches in `lpr-headers-switches' are used
    in the print command itself; we expect them to request pagination.

    See the variables `lpr-switches' and `lpr-command'
    for further customization of the printer command.

I'd say, study the man pages on your system for the commands `pr' and
`lpr' and decide what you should put into `lpr-headers-switches'
and/or `lpr-switches' for the letter-size paper.

(This advice might not work for Windows, but you didn't say that you
were using Windows.)