Persistent white background

From: Torsten Bronger
Subject: Persistent white background
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2005 15:30:46 +0100

Hallöchen!

I've just compiled the current Emacs CVS with the "gtk" option and
installed it on my SUSE 9.2 system.  Everything works fine except
for the background.  The proper background color is set only behind
characters, but not in the empty part of the frame.  So my
background is partly black (the actual set-background-color) and
white.  Settings in ~/.Xdefaults didn't help (and shouldn't be
necessary, should they?), neither did the "don't apply KDE colours
to non-KDE application" setting of KDE.  What could have gone wrong?

The result of the configure call can be found at
<http://www-users.rwth-aachen.de/torsten.bronger/configure.log>.

Thank you!

Tschö,
Torsten.