Re: how to exit "early" from eg .emacs?

From: drkm
Subject: Re: how to exit "early" from eg .emacs?
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2005 01:49:03 +0100

dkcombs@panix.com (David Combs) writes:

> And that e e e e thing -- what, he's assigning that macro
> to the e-key?  (Otherwise you'd have to hit C-x e each time?
> Or am I simply confused?)

  Hum, maybe it's a feature introduced since the last release?  When
you call the macro with `C-x e', Emacs give you the chance, after the
call, to type just `e' to repeat the macro.  Fine, it isn't?

  So the idea, here, is to start Emacs with the -q flag, and open
.emacs.  Go at the and of the first sexp, and then, something like
this:

    C-x (
    C-x C-e                                         ; eval last sexp
    M-x the-thing-I-want-to-see-if-it-fail          ; test
    M-x the-thing-maybe-I-have-to-do-to-go-to-.emacs-buffer
    C-M-f                                           ; go to next sexp
    C-x )

  After that, you press once `C-x e', and then, you leave your finger
on the `e' key until the thing you want to test fails.

--drkm