How to download and install Emacs CVS?

From: address@hidden
Subject: How to download and install Emacs CVS?
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2005 18:51:02 +0100

Hi all.

I want to download and install Emacs CVS,
because it seems that it better supports chinese writing
(GBK encoding).
However I don't know how to do. Can anyone help?
I was suggested to visit:

http://savannah.gnu.org/cvs/?group=emacs

and run the commands:

$ export CVS_RSH="ssh"
$ cvs -z3 -d:ext:anoncvs@savannah.gnu.org:/cvsroot/emacs co emacs

, which (if I well understand) should download Emacs CVS
and install it directly to my hardrive.
Is that right?
But since I have a slow connection, I wish to first download it,
say copying it onto a CD
and then install it in second stage. Is that possible, and how?

Thanks for any reply,
Rodolfo

Libero ADSL: 3 mesi gratis e navighi a 1.2 Mega. E poi hai l'Adsl senza limiti
a meno di 1 euro al giorno.
Abbonati subito senza costi di attivazione su http://www.libero.it