Re: emacs calculator

From: B.T. Raven
Subject: Re: emacs calculator
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2005 16:41:35 -0600

"Matthew Huggett" <mhuggett@zam.att.ne.jp> wrote in message
news:mailman.13475.1105882289.27204.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org...
> >> After saving this, exiting, restarting, still no go. C-h k C-return
is
> >> shown as undefined.
>
> > Sorry if I ask something unbearably obvious, why C-h k?
>
> to check what is command is bound to C-RET

Of course I can type M-x calculator to get the calc mini-buffer but why
can't I assign this function to a key? Is it because the calculator.el
file isn't loaded until the first time it's invoked?
Btw, whose question is that that Matthew is answering? I didn't see
"Sorry if I ask...." posted on this newsgroup.

Ed.