Re: how to set window starting coordinates?

From: Mickey Ferguson
Subject: Re: how to set window starting coordinates?
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 13:51:47 -0800

<david.boon@gmail.com> wrote in message
1105994654.009453.228500@c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com">news:1105994654.009453.228500@c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...
> The technique suggested in faq results in the window frame jumping
> around, sort of goofy if you ask me.
>
> I use custom settings in the registry.  If you create registry entries
> like the following I'm sure you'll get what you're after:
>

> [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\GNU\Emacs]
> "Emacs.FONT"="-*-Lucida Console-normal-r-*-*-11-82-96-96-c-*-iso8859-1"
> "Emacs.GEOMETRY"="90x60"

True enough.  And better yet, put it into HKEY_CURRENT_USER instead of
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE so that if more than one user uses the PC, each can
customize as he desires.

But I kind of wanted it to be controlled through code in the .emacs file and
not in the registry, because that way I have portability if I take my emacs
installation elsewhere.  I don't have to remember to import a reg file if I
take it to a PC in the lab, or at a customer site.