Green emacs

From: Michael Terry
Subject: Green emacs
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 16:50:43 -0800

Hi,

A few years ago I installed Linux on a Mac. I think it was the Linux PowerPC distribution, if I recall right. It came with a version of emacs that was all gree-yellow, I think. I remember really liking its appearance. Is that a standard theme for some particular version of emacs? Does anyone even know what I'm talking about? I can't remember now since it was so long ago, but it seems like it even ran in the terminal with that coloring, not requiring a GUI toolkit. Does that make sense?

I've installed emacs a couple times since for different reasons, but it appeared as straight monochrome, which I didn't like as much.

I'm running Mac OS X, but I'd love to install emacs such that it ran with that appearance in the Mac's Terminal.app, or, I suppose X Windows, if necessary. Any clues?

Michael