Re: Emacs for OS9 and OSX

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: Emacs for OS9 and OSX
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 23:29:29 +0100

Am 25.01.2005 um 09:52 schrieb Sébastien Kirche:

The OS9 version is an archive of the dev folder with sources included :
http://sebastien.kirche.free.fr/emacs_stuff/emacsOS9.smi.bin
(BTW: that version supports now up to 512 MB of memory.)

How's that?!

The OSX version is an installer that will install a self-contained bundled
app in /Applications :
http://sebastien.kirche.free.fr/emacs_stuff/EmacsCVS-20050111- Installer.dmg

Comments are welcome.

In shell-mode to access to /dev/tty!

There are differences in the interpretation of Mac OS X font encodings: as with the Japanese Carbon Emacs a few fonts are recognised as being cyrillic. There are some differences in accepting /Library/Application Support/Emacs as part of load-path.

I'm comparing with my own try (without /dev/tty too). I added in lisp/site-init.el

(add-to-list 'load-path (expand-file-name "/Library/Application Support/Emacs"))

to recognise this directory (plus a few more to recognise subdirectories for reftex, auctex, preview-latex, and localized calendar).

More to follow, some time ...

--
Greetings

  Pete