Re: RMAIL breaks in 21.3

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: RMAIL breaks in 21.3
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 06:58:18 +0200

> From: kgold@watson.ibm.com (kgold)
> Date: 26 Jan 2005 23:12:05 GMT
>
> > How about using the 20.7 movemail in Emacs 21.3 by frobbing
> > `rmail-movemail-program' ?
>
> This seemed like a great idea.
>
> Unfortunately, rmail-movemail-program is nil when running both 20.7
> and 21.3.

If rmail-movemail-program is nil, Emacs looks for a program called
literally "movemail".  This is normal.

> There's no program running called "movemail", just
> sendmail, and I haven't found movemail in any of the usual places.

??? `movemail' comes with Emacs, so it should be in the directory
pointed to by `exec-directory'.  Could you please look again?

> Does anyone have RMAIL running on 21.3 and Unix?  What did you have to
> change from 20.7?

FWIW, I use RMAIL since day one till this day, and it worked for me in
all versions of Emacs, including all 21.x versions, and in the current
CVS.