Re: Controlling `fill-paragraph'

From: Denis Bueno
Subject: Re: Controlling `fill-paragraph'
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 18:33:25 -0500

On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 19:32:38 +0100, August <fusionfive@comhem.se> wrote:
> On mån, 2005-01-31 at 12:50 -0500, Denis Bueno wrote:
> > On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 18:06:12 +0100, August <fusionfive@comhem.se> wrote:
> > >
> > > That's strange, I can't reproduce the behavior you describe. What's the
> > > value of `fill-column'? The first line after you invoked fill-paragraph
> > > is 78 characters long (think default value is 70).
> >
> > I have customized `fill-column', so its value is 75.
>
> As long as the width of the buffer window is no less than `fill-column',
> it should be okay. You can always try to temporarily erase the
> customization and see if the problem remains.

I erased the customization, and the problem persists.

Perhaps I have been confusing things by using the wrong terminology. I
don't care if the text `wraps', in the sense of putting a little arrow
on the side of the emacs window, and displaying the text that goes too
far on the next line. My problem is that `fill-column' seems to be
"filling" (if that is indeed the word I'm looking for) the wrong
column.

> P.S. I recommend you to reply to the list rather than to me privately,
> so others can take part in the discussion. Since you did so I do of
> course respect your decision and reply to you privately too.

Sorry about that. I have now included the list in my reply.

--
Denis Bueno