Re: Emacs for OS9 and OSX

From: Sébastien Kirche
Subject: Re: Emacs for OS9 and OSX
Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2005 10:04:26 +0100

Hi Stefan,

Le 27 Jan 2005, Stefan Monnier s'est exprimé ainsi :

> If the  compilation succeeds and  the compiled executable works,  then the
> limit is gone. USE_LSB_TAG is the default way to build Emacs in Emacs-CVS,
> but it's  only available on  the platforms where  we know it works.  If it
> works with USE_LSB_TAG,  there's no point keeping a  version built without
> USE_LSB_TAG.

Am I  supposed to  specify that define  specifically when compiling  for OSX
platform too  ? Following Steven  Tamm advice i  have just compiled  a fresh
version with make-package -M,CC=gcc

But i did not manage to add USE_LSB_TAG (syntax ?).
Looking at the macintosh sourc files, that symbol is defined automaticaly if
__MRC__ is defined (i suppose by the compiler).

Could you (or some mac developer) tell me :
- how i can define USE_LSB_SYMBOL at make or make-package invocation, noy by
  modifying config.h
- if i should do that or if it is included for OSX platform.

Sorry if it looks basic, but i  use to develop with CodeWarrior and I am not
that familiar with cli for building programs.

PS: maybe i should redirect to emacs-devel ?

Regards.

--
Sébastien Kirche