Re: strange W3 behavior

From: Klaus Berndl
Subject: Re: strange W3 behavior
Date: 07 Feb 2005 18:14:26 +0100

On 07 Feb 2005, Josef Dalcolmo wrote:

>  I just installed W3 (4.0.47) on GNU Emacs 21.3.1 (compiled with mingw
>  running W2k) It basically works, but for normal http addresses I have
>  to start w3 twice to get the page. When setting the home page to a
>  local file it starts up and shows the page. Then I can click on an
>  external page, but still most of the time I have to press C-g and the
>  click again, othewise Emacs hangs, without ever getting to the page
>  (tried with www.google.com, www.yahoo.com).

Just for my interest: Why somebody uses something like Emacs/W3 to surf the
net instead of using something like the Firefox-Browser?? I can really not
understand this...but therefore i ask ;-)

Klaus

--
Klaus Berndl                    mailto: klaus.berndl@sdm.de
sd&m AG                         http://www.sdm.de