Re: [Slightly OT] Small GNU Emacs lookalike, UTF-8-able

From: Oliver Scholz
Subject: Re: [Slightly OT] Small GNU Emacs lookalike, UTF-8-able
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 01:01:57 +0100

> Am 15.02.2005 um 01:05 schrieb Oliver Scholz:
>
>> Is it impossible to use CJK characters on a tty (i.e. without X)?
>
> Yes, modern xterm and Apple's Terminal.app do so.
[...]

I am aware of that, I rather meant terminals without X (or another
GUI), i.e. tty like in "linux tty". I asked this because if the OP
does not have much memory, it might be a good idea to get rid of X at
all, if possible. I once had Emacs 20 on a i486 Laptop with 8 MB Ram
and it was fine on the console, but X and Emacs (and Emacs/W3, now
that I mention it ...) was a bit too much to feel comfortable.

    Oliver
--
28 Pluviôse an 213 de la Révolution
Liberté, Egalité, Fraternité!