Re: Using undumped Emacs

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Using undumped Emacs
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2005 12:59:10 +0200

> From: Greg <greg@nospam.org>
> Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2005 19:35:15 +0100
>
> It's puzzling to me why that happens with undumped emacs,
> and dumped emacs doesn't need TERM=vt100.

The Emacs initialization code does different things depending on
whether it is running in a dumped or undumped binary.  (If you want
the details, search the source code for `if' clauses that test the
global variable `initialized'.)

> The Emacs docs or FAQ don't say anything about the problem.

The FAQ is not a place for _every_ question one could possibly come up
with, it's only for _frequently_asked_ questions.