Re: AUCTeX, Miktex, Yap and the inverse search

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: AUCTeX, Miktex, Yap and the inverse search
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2005 14:34:36 +0100

Daniel Wright <daniel.d.wright@gmail.com> writes:

> I've just installed Miktex and AUCTeX 11.55 under windows.
>
> When using latex with 'TeX-source-specials-mode' the forward search
> with Yap works perfectly. However, an inverse search from yap opens up
> the file at the correct line, but in a NEW emacs window, how can I
> tell Yap to return to the right place in the buffer I was editing in
> the ORIGINAL emacs window?
>
> At the moment yap's inverse search command is configure to '
> runemacs +%l "%f" '
>
> Is there an emacs command line option that would force it back to
> the original window? I can't seem to find one, or is it worth using
> a different dvi viewer?

You should install "gnuclient" and configure yap to use it instead of
runemacs.  If gnuclient is installed, AUCTeX should be able to start
up the necessary server inside of Emacs automatically.

For all people that use Source Specials, I should also recommend
taking a look at preview-latex
<URL:http://preview-latex.sourceforge.net>: for a lot of situations
where Source Specials might be useful, it is quite more convenient.