Re: Reading HTML mails with gnus

From: Adam Duck
Subject: Re: Reading HTML mails with gnus
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 18:23:23 +0100

"Rodolfo Medina" <romeomedina@libero.it> writes:

> No, Mandrake 10.1 Community. Why?...

Because every Linux vendor has a gcc-package... you don't need to
compile it from scratch (except for LFS and gentoo :) ).

> I searched the file w3m-load.el and found it in the directory
> '/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/w3m'. Then I put in my .emacs the lines:
>
> (add-to-list 'load-path (expand-file-name "/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/w3m"))
> (require 'w3m-load)

Yep, that's the correct way.

> and the above error message didn't appear any more.
> But still, I can't view html images within gnus
> (as I said above, I put in my .gnus.el the line:
>
>       (setq mm-inline-text-html-renderer 'w3m)

html images?  Do you mean images inside html?  This should work with
emacs-w3m -- except that you may need to tell this to w3m explicitly:
`w3m-default-display-inline-images' or press 'T' after it has started.
If you mean multipart/mime, then you have to go a different way --
this isn't handled through w3m.  Also, gnus does like text/plain more
than text/html. So if an email contains both, you should think about
that, too.

bye, Adam.