tempo error

From: Michael Powe
Subject: tempo error
Date: 24 Feb 2005 12:50:32 -0500

When I try to edit an html file or anything else in that category
(.jsp, for instance), I get this error:

File mode specification error: (void-function tempo-define-template)

Can someone tell me where this might be coming from?  I have
html-helper-mode installed and it loads -- before the error I see the
message:

tempo.el is in the path and this is in my .emacs:

(provide 'tempo)
(setq tempo-interactive t)

Background: this is a new installation.  I brought over my .emacs from
the old install and "fixed" this installation by adding anything
needed for emacs to run correctly (added in the optional items such as
cal-desk-calendar.el and so forth).  But I was using html-helper-mode
quite extensively, so I know there wasn't anything wrong with the
.emacs then.

Any thoughts as to why the tempo function does not appear to get
loaded?  (tempo-interactive's value is t.)  Thanks.

mp

--
Michael Powe            michael@trollope.org            Naugatuck CT USA
"...we built a new continent in cyberspace where we could go live and be