Re: tempo error

From: michael+newsguy
Subject: Re: tempo error
Date: 24 Feb 2005 20:08:16 -0800

In article <mailman.1549.1109287758.32256.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>, Peter Dyballa
says...

>Am 24.02.2005 um 18:50 schrieb Michael Powe:
>
>> (provide 'tempo)
>
>How can your .emacs file provide something that's in a different Elisp
>file? It can require though ...

Well, I don't know.  I know that I put that line in the .emacs on
March 16, 2003 and that I've edited a zillion html, jsp and asp files
with it since then.  Until now.

On this new install, it didn't work.  Taking a cue from you, I went
back and changed 'provide' to 'require' and was still getting an error
-- until I remembered to comment out the (setq tempo-insert-region t)
line, which never worked.  Bingo.

Thanks for the tip -- it turned out to be the winner!  Now, I can
sleep tonight.  ;-)

mp

--
Michael Powe            michael@trollope.org            Naugatuck CT USA
"It stands to reason that self-righteous, inflexible, single-minded,