Re: Compiling Emacs with GTK

From: nfreimann
Subject: Re: Compiling Emacs with GTK
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2005 01:13:20 +0100 (CET)

 --- August <fusionfive@comhem.se> schrieb:

> With "the standard Emacs release" I mean the non-CVS
> version. Will this
> GUI support make it to the next release?

cvs emacs offers gkt and advanced windows support
since more than an year. Therefore I wonder that the
new 21.4 does not support gtk. Clearly spoken, emacs
without gkt and advanced windows support is outdated.
Its looks anachronistic and behaves crippled in linux
as well as in windows.

There is a excellent windows binary cvs emacs
distribution available at
http://nqmacs.sourceforge.net/. Its the best windows
emacs ever. Why not supporting a binary cvs gtk2-emacs
for linux at ftp.gnu or sourceforge.net? Whats the
problem with that?

Gesendet von Yahoo! Mail - Jetzt mit 250MB Speicher kostenlos - Hier anmelden:
http://mail.yahoo.de