etags excluding one-line typedefs

From: art
Subject: etags excluding one-line typedefs
Date: 1 Mar 2005 10:57:00 -0800

Hello,

In the project we're doing I want to have etags exclude one-line struct
typedefs:

typedef struct Foo Foo;

but I don't want to exclude anonymous struct typedefs, or other
typedefs:
typedef struct
{
} Foo;

This option excludes all typedefs:
etags -R --C-kinds=-t --langmap=c:+.h

and the --regex option doesn't exclude already matching tags, it just
extends them:
etags --regex-C='/typedef.*;/xxx/' testtags.*

will generate:
typedef struct _Foo Foo;xxx6,195
typedef struct _Foo Foo;Foo6,195
typedef struct _Bar Bar;xxx7,221
typedef struct _Bar Bar;Bar7,221

So I'm at a loss as to how to do this. Can etags be extended in this
way?

Also, here is etags version:
$ etags --version
Exuberant Ctags 5.5, Copyright (C) 1996-2003 Darren Hiebert
  Compiled: Jun  5 2003, 10:00:19
  Addresses: <dhiebert@users.sourceforge.net>,
http://ctags.sourceforge.net
  Optional compiled features: +wildcards, +regex, +internal-sort