Re: Changing $HOME

From: Shug Boabby
Subject: Re: Changing $HOME
Date: 4 Mar 2005 16:22:18 -0800

cheers pascal... but again, the problem is that i wish to do this in OS
X... from the dock start icon. you cannot put a script in the dock,
otherwise i would.

btw, putenv is void on my version.

my original plan was to have two .emacs files:
  /Users/shug/.emacs
    which would set HOME and load my *real*
  /Users/shug/GNU/.emacs
     which is my .emacs which i use on many platforms and i syncronise
quite a lot. so adding OS X specific stuff into this file is bad in my
book.

but an alternative would be to scrap the unnecessary .emacs and get OS
X to pass the HOME envar to emacs when started from the dock.