Re: Special characters on Emacs/Mac?

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Special characters on Emacs/Mac?
Date: Tue, 08 Mar 2005 08:22:47 -0500

>>> Actually I think the problem is not the input, but the font: how do
>>> I change my (set-face-font 'default "-apple-Bitstream Vera Sans
>>> Mono-regular-r-normal--13-140-75-75-m-120-mac-roman") to use
>>> ISO-Latin-1 encoding instead of mac-roman?  The documentation
>>> didn't really help me there... (and my tries were worthless)

SM> No, the font itself uses mac-roman encoding, so you'd have to
SM> change the font-data itself.  Emacs happily uses fonts with
SM> mac-roman encodings, so there's no reason to make such a change.

> It was a long and weary battle but I got some advice and solved the
> problem with this:

Please remember that this is a development version, so you shouldn't try to
just work around problems.  Instead you should report them via M-x
report-emacs-bug so that they can be addressed.  Proving a workaround in the
bug report can be a useful addition, tho.

I.e. please report your problem via M-x report-emacs-bug, thank you.

        Stefan