Re: INFORMAL SURVEY: blinking cursor

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: INFORMAL SURVEY: blinking cursor
Date: Tue, 08 Mar 2005 13:44:18 -0500

Thien-Thi Nguyen wrote:

< snipped for space reasons >

I'm a writer and I run Emacs full-screen so I can see as much of the
buffer as possible. Because of that I use the blinking box cursor
because it stands out from the mass of text.

For the same reason I also use M-x hl-line-mode to highlight the line
containing the cursor.

I'm sure the other cursors work better for other people but this is
the best for me.

--Rod
Author of "Linux for Non-Geeks--Clear-eyed Answers for Practical Consumers"
and "Boring Stories from Uncle Rod." Both are available at
http://www.rodwriterpublishing.com/index.html.

To reply take the extra "o" out of the name.