Re: INFORMAL SURVEY: blinking cursor

From: Radomir Hejl
Subject: Re: INFORMAL SURVEY: blinking cursor
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2005 22:20:54 +0100

> * have you tried using emacs w/ the blinking box cursor?

yes, it's default and whenever my emacs starts without .emacs
it annoys me

> * do you find it uncomfortable?
>  (if "no", you can skip the next question.)

yes, its implicit color and size blurs text and disturbs

> * do you think it is an imposition to put:
>    (blink-cursor-mode 0)
>  in ~/.emacs to turn it off?

I prefer menu option.

> * do you use another shape cursor (such as vertical bar)?
>  if so, which?

only blinking vertical bar

> * how do the shape and the blinking affect your (dis)comfort?
>  (i'm looking for correlation info, such as:
>    shape: box, blinking: on, i-find-it: unbearable
>    shape: vertical bar, blinking: on, i-find-it: no-worries
>  in the response.)

blinking verical bar with default blinking rate, greater speed is annoying

> * is cursor blinking a feature you would be inclined to
>  change during an editing session?  if so, how often?

don't know why

> * how do the number of frames visible and the blinking affect
>  your (dis)comfort?  (again, looking for correlation info.)

mostly I use one frame with more windows and I prefer non-blinking
hollow box cursor in non-active windows

Regards Radek Hejl