Re: Special Characters on Mac Emacs

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: Special Characters on Mac Emacs
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 11:49:03 +0100

Am 10.03.2005 um 05:22 schrieb Stefan Monnier:

Discussion of development versions of Emacs

I don't think that this fonts issue is a discussion on that. Handling of fonts and fontsets and scripts is too complicated and too imperfect although mule is about ten years old. And although from invoking configure it is known on which platform and in which (language and script) environment this GNU Emacs will run nothing is done to put it as a grown-up and ready to use application into this field. You have to spend hours and years until something sufficient is at your finger tips -- at least outside northern america. And this is quite a wide area ...

I would like to donate my font and fontset files and other settings as components/add-ons/examples of stable versions of GNU Emacs and of those still in development! I'll have to write some comments, add URLs to fetch the fonts, include photographs of the HELLO buffer, test that it all works ...

--
Greetings

  Pete