Re: can I move back to the last edit position?

From: david . andersson
Subject: Re: can I move back to the last edit position?
Date: 15 Mar 2005 18:03:00 -0800

Harry Putnam wrote:
> > M-x goto-chg <RET> move me to last change
> > M-x goto-chg <RET> does nothing further.
>
> Typo mania .... should be M-x goto-last-change

You must bind the command to a key for repetition to go further.
E.g. (global-set-key [kp-decimal] 'goto-last-change)
where kp-decimal may be (control ?.) or f8 or what you like.

(In "M-x goto-last-change <RET>" the <RET> counts as another command
that breaks the sequence. Just like "M-x undo <RET>". It can only
undo the last edit, but C-/ can undo many.)

A new version of goto-chg.el can be found in gnu.emacs.sources.