Re: Making Emacs more newbie friendly

From: Thien-Thi Nguyen
Subject: Re: Making Emacs more newbie friendly
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2005 18:45:20 +0100

PT <mailshield.gg@mailnull.com> writes:

> Exactly. My heretic idea is to rethink the whole Emacs interface
> (defaults, keybindings). Make the default Emacs very similary to
> modern CUA-based applications. Give less reason for the newbies to
> give up in disgust.

everyone finds their own reason.  though you can endeavor to be
entertaining, you cannot make people see what they do not wish to see.
for example, in this thread, i have tried to choose a partially aligned
position in hopes of obliquely redirecting your enthusiasm, but i have
failed.  now i go do other things...

thi