Re: Making Emacs more newbie friendly

From: PT
Subject: Re: Making Emacs more newbie friendly
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2005 19:07:14 +0100

On Sat, 19 Mar 2005 18:45:20 +0100, Thien-Thi Nguyen <ttn@glug.org> wrote:

everyone finds their own reason.  though you can endeavor to be
entertaining, you cannot make people see what they do not wish to see.
for example, in this thread, i have tried to choose a partially aligned
position in hopes of obliquely redirecting your enthusiasm, but i have
failed.  now i go do other things...

Okay.

My enthusiasm has vanished, BTW. This all thread was just a sudden, half-baked idea. Reading all the answers I have a more thorough understanding of the situation. The development resources available for Emacs are scarce and the idea has no obvious benefits, so now I too go and do other things... :)