Re: Making Emacs more newbie friendly

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Making Emacs more newbie friendly
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2005 23:42:18 +0100

Miles Bader <miles@gnu.org> writes:

> David Kastrup <dak@gnu.org> writes:
>> My GTK+ version of Emacs, in contrast, is rather nice.  Even the
>> toolbar, while a waste of space, fits in nicely as long as you don't
>> use Gnus (in which case it turns into a retro-yuk nightmare).
>
> I'll bet if you asked Lars he'd put that on a Mug or something ...
>
>    "Gnus:  A retro-yuk nightmare"

Oh, Gnus is fine.  As long as you keep it off the toolbar.  Maybe
someone should ask the GNOME artists whether they are willing to
contribute a set of icons, or maybe some set is available in some
other GNOME news client or stuff.

It is not that I ever need the toolbar myself, but I switch it on
occasionally when doing demonstrations to impress people.  And then
I'd feel embarrassed calling Gnus with its garish toolbar.