Re: keymap problem

From: Joe Corneli
Subject: Re: keymap problem
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2005 10:14:47 -0600

You can always use M-x help RET k KEY until you figure out what all
your keys are bound to.  For example, if I use command and hit the big
key on the upper-right corner of the keyboard when KEY is needed,
a help window is brought up that says

DEL (translated from <backspace>) runs the command previous-line
   which is an interactive compiled Lisp function in `simple'.

[Bla bla bla.]

Then I type M-x command-history, and I see

(describe-key "^?" 1 nil)

where the ^ and the ? are all part of one control character.

All you need to do next is cut and paste that form into your .emacs
and then edit it into a `global-set-key' form to do whatever you want,

(global-set-key "^?" 'delete-backward-char-untabify)

for example.  That should be enough to get you started?