Re: cut/paste support in X Windows (running Gnome)

From: Olive
Subject: Re: cut/paste support in X Windows (running Gnome)
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 13:26:49 +0100

Sergei Gnezdov wrote:
It is ironic, but cut/paste on X Windows does not work.  It works on
Windows XP Emacs GUI out of the box.  In fact, the only way I can copy
in X Windows is with mouse copy/paste functionality.

I am running:

FreeBSD 5.3
GNU Emacs 21.3.1 (X toolkit, Xaw3d scrollbars)

I had problem due to th efact that emacs didn't use the proper encoding for the keyboard. I have solved this problem by putting this in my .emacs

(set-selection-coding-system (quote latin-1))