Re: Postscript Print Buffer

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Postscript Print Buffer
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2005 13:06:50 +0200

> Comments: In-reply-to "Eli Zaretskii" <eliz@gnu.org>
>       message dated "Sat, 26 Mar 2005 16:34:26 +0200."
> Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2005 00:55:39 +0100
> From: Raimund Kohl-Fuechsle <Raimund.Kohl@nabuli.de>
>
> /f0 F         <----------
> (bel ) S      <----------
> 1 1 SB
> /f0 F         <----------
> (rgerlich) S  <----------

On my machine, I see \334 and \344 here.

Could you please try this in "emacs -q --no-site-file", without any
changes to the fonts, and see if that changes something?

And which Emacs version is that, btw?

> > If you print out the entire Palatino font in your printer, does it
> > include accented Latin-9 characters?
>
> How can I do that ... I would like to give this a try

You need to go to the printer and look through the various sub-menus
of its Self-Test menu.  One of them should print the available fonts.

> > So you are using Latin-9.  I wonder if using Latin-1 instead will
> > help resolve your problem.
>
> AFAIK there is just one difference between latin-1 and latin-9, and
> that's the Euro-symbol in latin-9

Inside Emacs, all of them are different.