Unusual C indentation conventions

From: no spam
Subject: Unusual C indentation conventions
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 23:21:12 GMT

hi, I've spent a fair amount of time trying to get emacs to do something reasonably close to what's required in my installation, and I find that it usually doesn't and I can't figure out why. I'll manually space the bracket { to be where I want it, and then as soon as I start typing, it'll re-indent it, and even the .emacs variables that I would have thought would just turn off ALL syntax-directed indentation don't seem to do it.

All complaining aside, though: what can I put in my .emacs to cause it to do this:

===================

The code follows an indentation convention that is a bit
unusual for C.  Opening and closing braces are on
a line by themselves and are indented at the same
level as the block they enclose:
    if (someTest)
        {
        doSomething();
        doSomethingElse();
        }
Tab stops are set to 8.  Each block of code is
indented by 4 from the previous block.  (In the
vi editor set ts=8  set sw=4)

??

Thanks in advance.