Re: customize versus own expressions in .emacs

From: Joe Corneli
Subject: Re: customize versus own expressions in .emacs
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 08:47:04 -0600

I think that `after-init-hook' needs to be set in .emacs, and
I think configuration of frame parameters belongs there, but
all other personal configurations can go elsewhere.

I have an alias that I use to start my emacs with

 /path/to/emacs --no-site-file -l ~/site-lisp/joes_stuff/joes_loads.el

That way, if I want to use a "plainer" emacs, I can leave off all the
loaded files at once, saving time.  One could also define various
aliases/load files, which would afford several degrees of plainness.