Re: Possible to get line numbers?

From: Ryan Bowman
Subject: Re: Possible to get line numbers?
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 11:03:53 -0800 (PST)

> > I could be nice that the linenumbers are visible
> each time I start emacs, is that possible?
>
> Not with this mode because it has to be enabled in
> each buffer, when you need it. I suggest you bind it
to some key:

> (global-set-key "\C-cl" 'setnu-mode)

Or you can add to to a hook for whichever modes you
want it enabled, i.e. placing in your .emacs file

(add-hook 'java-mode-hook
            '(lambda ()
               (setnu-mode t))

will turn on line numbers for any buffer that uses java-mode.

----
Ryan Bowman

That stupid bird stole my quarter.  I hate birds. - Eddie
----