Re: Is Emacs becoming Word?

From: Joe Corneli
Subject: Re: Is Emacs becoming Word?
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 15:26:03 -0600

Neat proof of concept code.

I think the best thing to do would be to post it to gnu-emacs-sources.

A couple typos I noticed, in `write-out-dollar' you should have:

      (insert "$")

and a few docstrings need periods at the end.

Another thing you might consider would be to make it so that the
`just-happened' function had a constant length (say, the last 50
events or whatever, this number could be customizable).  And it should
print out the name of the function that is being described.

Finally, if you could find a way implement the whole system using
advice to `write-out-star' & `write-out-dollar' rather than calling
`this-just-happened' from within those functions, I think the system
would have a cleaner feel to it, but that's just a personal opinion.