flyspell and lazy font locking

From: Stephen Eglen
Subject: flyspell and lazy font locking
Date: 1 Apr 2005 09:04:32 -0800

Has anyone been able to hookup flyspell with lazy fontification?

I'm trying to emulate the behaviour in Word where it checks other
words also on screen, but not near point.  M-x flyspell-mode checks
words as they are edited, so other words that are on display do not
get checked until the point moves over them.

(setq jit-lock-stealth-time nil)
(jit-lock-register 'flyspell-region nil)

which kind of works, but when I first run the command, point is
temporarily moved to the top of the buffer and the spell check
started.

Anyone got this working?  (On Emacs 21.3.50)

Thanks, Stephen