Re: Binding Keymap prefix to Major Mode

From: Tim Johnson
Subject: Re: Binding Keymap prefix to Major Mode
Date: Sat, 02 Apr 2005 12:57:01 -0900

Stefan Monnier wrote:
(defvar rebol-keymap (make-sparse-keymap) "Rebol mode keymap")
(defcustom rebol-keymap-prefix [(control ?')]
  "*Keymap prefix string for rebol-keymap"
  :type 'string
  :group 'rebol)
(local-set-key rebol-keymap-prefix rebol-keymap)
(define-key rebol-keymap "b" 'previous-rebol-definition)

Seeing the code above, I *strongly* suggest you google for "sample-mode.el"
and try to start from that instead.

        Stefan

Hello Stefan:

Thank you very much,that is something that I have been looking for - an example of how to set up a mode.

FYI: The solution has proven to be just to change
(use-local-map rebol-keymap)  ;; to
(local-set-key rebol-keymap-prefix rebol-keymap)

Now keybindings work as I would expect them to.

I have googled for "sample-mode.el" and have found only two
references, but no code. In fact what I find are emails from
you and since you appear to be the author, I would deeply appreciate it
if you could provide a link for this file.

Regards
Tim Johnson
  Senior Programer/Analyst
  Alaska Internet Solutions