keyboard macros and flyspell

From: kgold
Subject: keyboard macros and flyspell
Date: 4 Apr 2005 18:39:10 GMT

In my continuing quest to move to emacs 21, I now have a strange
interaction between flyspell and keyboard macros.

If I execute a keyboard macro with flyspell on, it takes consistently
3 seconds per keystroke after the first one.  With flyspell off, it's
sub-second.

I see that flyspell has a new option 'flyspell-delay' that is set to
3.  Could this be relevant?  :-)

So is that the cause?  What's the fix?  This variable is not in the
manual, and the doc string is cute, not helpful.

--
Ken Goldman   kgold@watson.ibm.com   914-784-7646