Re: Replacing New Lines

From: Kevin Rodgers
Subject: Re: Replacing New Lines
Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2005 11:51:13 -0600

exits funnel wrote:
Hello,

I have a java source file which has through some
interaction with source control become double spaced. In other words when I look at the file with hexdump, I
see two consecutive LFs everywhere I'd expect to see
only one.  I'm running Emacs 21.3.1 on RedHat Linux
and I'm trying to use query-replace to remove the
extraneous LFs but I can't quite get it.  Here's what
I'm trying:

M-[SHIFT]-% C-q [ENTER] C-q [ENTER] [ENTER] C-q
[ENTER] [ENTER]

Unfortunately, emacs replaces zero occurances so
obviously I'm doing something wrong.  If somone could
straighten me out I'd really appreciate it.  Thanks.

Use `C-q C-j' instead of `C-q [ENTER]'.

The Enter key is the <return> function key aka the RET character aka C-m.
LFD is C-j.

--
Kevin Rodgers