Re: Emacs CC Mode's auto-newline facility: INFORMAL SURVEY

From: Jochen Küpper
Subject: Re: Emacs CC Mode's auto-newline facility: INFORMAL SURVEY
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 22:51:33 +0200

Quick answers:

Alan Mackenzie <acm@muc.de> writes:

> o Do you program with auto-newline switched on (e.g. do you get NLs
>   inserted automatically after typing a `;' or `{')?

yes

> o Did you configure this auto-newline setting yourself, and if not, are
>   you happy with it?

probably not; mostly happy

> o Are you aware of the key binding C-c C-a to toggle this mode on and
>   off?

no

> o How often do you use C-c C-a (or even C-c C-t) to toggle auto-newline
>   mode?

nil

> o In which language(s) (C, C++, ....) do you program in (X)Emacs?

C++ (C, Python, LISP, Fortran, shell)

> Further pertinent comments are, of course, welcome.  Thanks in advance
> for your time.

Would be nice to have it only work in code-files but not (or only
partly) in headers (C++). Inside class declarations I'm often annoyed
by the three lines added by "{};". c-c C-a will help here, though.

Greetings,
Jochen
        (Part 3 you find in my messages before fall 2003.)