Re: GNU Emacs 22: Invalid face font-lock-keyword-face

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: GNU Emacs 22: Invalid face font-lock-keyword-face
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 10:46:34 +0200

Am 13.04.2005 um 09:04 schrieb dan.sanderson@gmail.com:

I'm running GNU Emacs 22.0.50.1 (powerpc-apple-darwin7.8.0) of
2005-04-09.  I'm getting repeated errors that say "Invalid face
font-lock-keyword-face".  Many actions seem to cause it.  Is there a
way to silence this error?

I'm using the same without problems. One means to silence it is to start it with -Q: without your customization. The other way is to add --debug-init and check the contents of the *Backtrace* buffer. Step by step you'll be able to correct your faces.

If the problems come from the Carbon version it might be useful to have more than one file with customization and settings. Some weeks ago I started that:

(setq custom-file
      (format "~/.emacs-Abrichtung-%d.el"
              emacs-major-version))
(load custom-file)