Re: eudc fails with bbdb

From: Sébastien Kirche
Subject: Re: eudc fails with bbdb
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2005 16:57:39 +0200

Le 15 Apr 2005, Stefan Monnier a formulé :

> > I have tried to byte-recompile the bbdb lisp files, but it keeps on
> > failing withe same "invalid-function".
>
> Since the error is in eudc-bbdb-extract-phones, recompiling bbdb won't
> help. How could I have explained it better?

Sorry, i did  not understand the problem  in that way : i  though it was
due to bbdb.

It is ok since Kevin explanation about byte compiling of eudcb-bbdb.el

BTW : what about adding

(eval-when-compile (require 'bbdb))

as Kevin suggested or replacing

    (if (not (featurep 'bbdb))
        (load-library "bbdb"))

by a simple (require 'bbdb) or (require 'bbdb nil t) ?

As using eudcb-bbdb implies the use of bbdb...

Should it be forwarded to emacs-devel ? What do you think of it ?

--
Sébastien Kirche