EMAIL using VM and GNU

From: Mahdi Osman
Subject: EMAIL using VM and GNU
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2005 16:58:42 +0200 (MEST)

Hi, list,

Sorry to bother you with my question.

I have been trying to use GNUS and VM to send and read mails. Sending
emails went well in both agents. I have tried to read mails from my
web-based mailbox (gmx.net). Mainly I used VM and tried to configure VM to
read emails from my gmx.net. I could not make progress at all as my vm can
not get mails.

My configuration looks as follows:

My vm searches for mails on local disk in my home directory

(~/INBOX). My VM can find whatever is there (I copied some emails in
this directory for experimenting).

My vm can not get emails from my remote box.

I have got the following pop / IMAP setup

(setq vm-spool-files (list
                      (concat "pop.gmx.net:110:apop:"
                              (getenv "m_osm@gmx.net") ":*")
                      (concat "imap:imap.gmx.net:143:inbox:login:"
                              (getenv "m_osm@gmx.net") ":*")))

Error report follows:

      Invalid argument:

      "Unkown service: impa.gmx.net"

Then I tried the following pop setup

(setq vm-spool-files
      (list
       (list "~/INBOX"
             "gmx.net:110:pass:m_osm@gmx.net:*"
             "~/INBOX.CRASH")))

VM asks for password for

m_osm@gmx.net@gmx.net

My address seems to be messed up, I do not know why.

Finally it tells me that there are no new messages. THAT IS NOT TRUE.
I KNOW THAT I HAVE 10 UNREAD NEW MESSAGES IN MY MAIL BOX.

So all in all I can not access my messages from my web-based mailbox.

I am wondering if any one can help me go further in using this VM?

Thanks a lot for your time and help

Regards

Mahdi
--
Mahdi Osman (PhD)

--
Mahdi Osman (PhD)

+++ GMX - Die erste Adresse für Mail, Message, More +++

1 GB Mailbox bereits in GMX FreeMail http://www.gmx.net/de/go/mail